Thursday, May 21, 2009

Low energy

I just didn't have the energy to post yesterday. Please don't worry if I miss a day--if there are any major developments I will certainly make sure that they get onto the blog (Marty has the password and will post when necessary). I'm just extremely tired and find that any expenditure of energy leaves me gasping. I had an acupuncture treatment yesterday; maybe because I'm so low energy, I didn't find it as relaxing as usual.

We've also been having TV troubles--the TV stopped working on Tuesday when Marty was out. He often has some little tricks to get it working again, but when he came home it wouldn't go on, so I put in a call to the cable company and they said they would send a technician in the morning. Because I can't seem to get up the emotional energy to do much reading these days (aside from the newspapers, The New Yorker, and Vanity Fair), the TV has become a pretty constant companion. But yesterday morning it was working again, so I cancelled the service call. It was working last night, then stopped again, so I called the cable company again, and they're supposed to be here this morning. Now it's working again--like the car that stops making the funny noise when you take it to the mechanic!

Because the cable was out, Tuesday night we watched a video that's been sitting around for awhile, a favorite of mine that Marty had never seen, Citizen Ruth, a sardonic comedy about how both "pro-life" and "pro-choice" activists lose sight of the real person who gets caught up in their doctrinal disputes. I've seen this movie several times and highly recommend it. I can't remember what's next on my Netflix list.

Marty had to go out this morning to a doctor's appointment so I'm alone. Lisa should be here in a little while for my massage, and Julie is working on getting a few more PCAs lined up. I'm exhausted and hoping the massage will make me feel a little better.

No comments:

Post a Comment