Wednesday, April 15, 2009

A blue day

I feel only slightly weaker today than yesterday, but very blue and unmotivated. I thought I could tackle the pile of papers, but it's only getting bigger. When something has to be done, I do it--I needed to get some missing information for the tax preparer, which involved calling the mortgage company, and I got a pile of documents faxed to the guy is who working on the mortgage refinance. I wrote a check to the cable/Internet/phone provider, which Marty brought to their office, because I got a call from them that the bill was way overdue. But unless something pushes me like that, I don't feel like doing much of anything.

It was a nice sunny day, and Marty rolled up the shades and opened the window, and it felt good to feel a nice breeze. I hope in a few days I'll be able to go out and sit on the porch. Maybe I can even get some flowers for my window boxes and hanging baskets, although I'll probably need to get the kids to water them for me.

Marty has been having a hard time--he's overburdened and taking care of me doesn't make it any easier for him. He's been running errands and things keep going wrong. There's a cord on the fax machine that keeps getting disconnected and is getting more and more bent and harder to plug in each time; today he took it to Staples to see if they had a replacement; they didn't, and when he got home he couldn't find the original one (he finally found it, but he's been having things like that happen the past few days, an indication of how much pressure he's under). I wish I could do something to make it easier for him.

1 comment:

  1. Should you and Marty be handling your bills? Don't you two have more important things to do? Maybe you could put one of your friends (like me) on your checking account, and then change your address with cable and phone and such to mine, and I could just pay them as they came in. We'd have to keep in touch about your checking account balance, but at least you'd have that burden removed from you and Marty. Why don't we talk about it when I come visit next week? I have been wanting to come visit, but several emergencies in a row have interfered. More soon.

    ReplyDelete