Monday, June 22, 2009

Feeling stronger again

After last week, when I felt so overwhelmingly exhausted, and was having coughing spells every morning lasting for several hours, things have improved dramatically. I have finally started using my nebulizer medication regularly, which Lauren has been urging me to do (and Kathy before her), and it is making a difference. Lauren said that when she listened to my chest this morning she didn't hear any wheezing at all! The reason I have been so resistant to using the nebulizer is that it gives me an unpleasant, jittery feeling; Lauren says that symptom may ease if I keep at it consistently, so I'm going to give it a try.

Feeling better physically of course also means feeling better emotionally. Last week I felt that there was no point in continuing to go on living; now, once again, I feel I have a mission and a purpose, and although I am so physically weak, I know there are ways of getting this message out. Part of what was contributing to my malaise was feeling so useless; now I have work to do.

I'm going to have to give some thought as to the best way to do this, and who can help; writing this blog is the first step, and I know I'll figure out what comes next.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I think you're on the right track, Judi. Having something meaningful to work for makes a big difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You continue to be an inspiration to many of us Judi.

    ReplyDelete