Tuesday, June 30, 2009

A drowsy day

After Laurel gave me my lunch early this afternoon, she wondered whether I'd ever fallen asleep in my comfortable chair. I told her that I hadn't, so far, then drifted off into a pleasant sleep and when I woke up she was gone.

Earlier, I'd had several visitors, starting with Lauren, whom I talked to about my knees. They're hardly hurting at all today, but I reviewed the history with her and told her about the successful treatment I'd had. I told her I'd keep her posted by phone, and she said she'd talk with the hospice doctor about it at the weekly staff conference on Tuesday.

Laurel arrived and did some straightening up, and then Tim, my volunteer came for his weekly visit. After he left I had lunch, and then drifted into a light sleep until Barbara arrived to give me one of her Reiki-like treatments. Like Lisa, she finds that she can work quite well with me relaxing in my chair in the fully reclined position.

I took another nap in the early evening, after moving back into the bedroom, and now it's midnight and I'm ready to go to sleep for real. I'm pleasantly tired, rather than that awful, utterly wiped feeling, and am hoping for a good night's sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment