Thursday, June 11, 2009

A big disappointment

[Actually written and posted about 3 A.M. Thursday morning]
Having slept almost the entire afternoon and evening, it's now about three A.M., and after about two hours sleep it looks like I'm awake for awhile. I had acupuncture at three and when Anne left I drifted pleasantly for awhile, not sure if I would actually fall asleep, but then did and slept till five thirty. Susan had arrived while I was in with Anne, did some straightening up, and then left a note that she had to leave by five, so I never saw her. Marty was out for an evening meeting, but it didn't much matter as I slept almost the whole time till he got back around ten.

When I was reading the Times in the morning, I saw a story about the aftermath of the Tony Awards, which were held last week, and as a result of not winning any awards, several shows had posted closing notices, including "Guys and Dolls," which is closing this coming Sunday! Of course, both Marty and I were upset, as seeing this show was the main reason for our New York trip. I'm not sure if there's even any point in going now.

I didn't have a whole lot of energy yesterday, after a rough morning with a lot of coughing and the resulting tiredness. My other new volunteer, Caren, came in the late morning, and felt quite comfortable sitting on the bed (although I offered her a chair) and we talked for quite awhile. Both she and Tim look like they are going to keep coming, unlike the volunteers I had in the other program, who never seemed to work out.

The last few days have been cool and drizzly, much more like April than June. When Ken was here on Monday I sat outside, but it's been too cool to do that since then. It's supposed to be nice over the weekend. I really should take more advantage of my porch, which is just steps from my bed, and is such a lovely spot with all the hanging baskets and window boxes of flowers.

I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to sleep more tonight as I basically got a full night's sleep over the afternoon and evening. Maybe I'll try reading--it's been hard for me to get absorbed in a book recently, but when Lauren was organizing the stuff behind the bed the other day she found several that I had put aside as possibly interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment