Thursday, September 24, 2009

So tired of being tired

I am so tired and short of breath today that I don't want to do anything. I was feeling weak yesterday, too, but having Dorothy and Laura come for a visit was energizing. I was still in bed when they arrived, but eventually they helped me into the living room. They brought great treats--a beautiful bouquet of autumn-toned flowers, pea soup, croissants, and fabulous cookies. It was great to sit and talk with them. Laura brought the award plaque from NYAPRS, which she added to the display of all my awards that Marty and Donna set up on the living room radiator a few weeks ago. They said that everyone at NYAPRS was talking about me and missing me--it would have been so great if we had been able to make it there.

I took a long nap this morning--not deep sleep, but just lightly drowsing. I had asked Ann to move my chair onto the porch, knowing I was too weak to go all the way to the living room (I had a hard time just getting back from the bathroom), but ended up just falling asleep in bed. Now I've been awake for awhile, and thinking about sleeping again.

I don't have much of an appetite--Marty and Donna had stopped at a KFC yesterday (he had gone down there to help her with her car, which had broken down), so I had two biscuits for breakfast. I wanted some chicken salad a little while ago, but Laurel looked and we're all out, so Marty said he would get some. He's been gone all day--first a meeting, then a dermatology appointment so they can look at his leg, and now he's picking up some groceries, and also some diapers that fit.

The saga of the diapers...sigh... The last batch Lauren had ordered for me were too big, so they leaked, and now she ordered smaller ones and they are too small! I've been using some that Marty bought at CVS (which were the right size), so he's going to pick up some more, and meanwhile Lauren is going to order the kind that have tabs at the side, so they can be adjusted, rather than the pull-ups. Such are the mundane details of being sick.

I hope I feel strong enough to go to the M-POWER picnic on Saturday, where I am getting still another award--the first annual Judi Chamberlin Award.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Judi,
    Sorry to read you have been tired and short of breath.
    Hope Friday is a better day.
    Thinking of you.
    Love,
    Herrad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you make it out on Saturday and get to experience the Autumn air - AND the award, of course.

    ReplyDelete