Monday, September 21, 2009

Getting stronger again

Yesterday I was very short of breath, even just staying in bed, although I did eventually make it into the living room. Marty wanted me to go out with him (he had to bring Donna home), but I was feeling too tired to try, so Anne stayed with me while I dozed in my chair. I also got to watch two football games--the Patriots lost to the Jets, which was disappointing, but much more exciting was the Giants beating Dallas in the final seconds, so they are now 2-0, both victories against division rivals--what a good start to the season!

Today I'm feeling less short of breath at rest, so it was easier to get into the living room, and when Nancie arrived in the mid-afternoon she suggested giving me a shower, and after giving it a little thought I decided I could do it. I'm not sure when I had my last shower, but it's certainly been awhile, and it felt so good to let the water cascade over me, to have my hair washed, and even to shave my legs. I spent the rest of the afternoon relaxing in my chair, but haven't taken any naps today, so I'm hoping to sleep well during the night.

Marty was out all afternoon--he had to see his podiatrist, who said that his foot is looking better, but I'm worried about his legs, for which he needs to see the dermatologist.

My appetite has come back and I've had three real meals today. A week ago I was so sure my systems were shutting down; now I seem to be bouncing back. I have no explanation for it--I'm not even sure it's what I want, but, as always, I'm just trying to go with the flow and take each thing as it comes.

Wednesday Laura and Dorothy are coming for a visit and bringing lunch--that's something to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment