Thursday, September 17, 2009

Feeling stronger today

I didn't sleep during the day yesterday, although I expected to, and I didn't sleep through the night, although I did get some sleep. But at some point during the night, I realized I was feeling stronger, and when Marty woke at about eight, I told him I wanted to try to drink a cup of tea. Yesterday I wasn't able to swallow liquids and was just sucking on ice chips, but this morning I drank a full mug of tea with great pleasure, and in about eleven o'clock I ate a very small portion of delicious bean and barley soup which Marty had brought me from the kosher deli in Brookline. So far, I haven't wanted to eat anything else, but the soup is sitting well and I think I will get stronger if I'm able to eat. This was the first food I've eaten since dinner on Sunday.

Yesterday I couldn't make it out of bed, but today I went first to the bathroom (not grabbing onto things as I have been the last few times) The bathroom is just a few steps, but it feels like such a long distance. Then a bit later I was able to walk, hanging onto Marty's arm, into the living room and into my chair. Yesterday this wasn't even a possibility.

I will take each day as it comes. Right now I am hopeful that I'll continue to feel stronger and will want to eat, but I will accept whatever happens, and will keep all of you posted on how things are going. Thank you all for your love and support.

3 comments:

  1. I check your blog every day and feel close to you and empathize with your feelings. Your blog is so valuable. I am sure it helps many people. You continue to be a role model by being so open about your feelings and dealing with the most difficult situation. Love, Hopey, in Iceland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Judi,
    Great to hear you are feeling stronger and have eaten, that is brilliant.
    Hope tomorrow is good too.
    Love,
    Herrad
    ps
    my appointment to start getting my wheelchair adapted went well today. which is very promising.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Judi, It was wonderful to talk with you on Wednesday and I was happy to be at NYAPRS to hear Laura Prescott talk so elequently about you as she accepted your award. The room was just pulsing with love and support for you - hundreds of people on their feet!
    Love,
    Darby

    ReplyDelete