Sunday, December 13, 2009

A little stronger, a little less tired

I've spent a quiet day in my chair, after a mostly sleepless night. I'm coughing less, so my stomach hurts less, and I think I'm basically gaining back a little energy, although it's hard to see improvement when any little exertion just knocks me out, and I have to catch my breath before I can do anything else. I need to remind myself that I have to sit down right away as soon as I start feeling tired, as I have absolutely no energy reserves. But if I remember to pace myself and break things down into tiny steps I can keep myself from getting into a panicky state of not being able to catch my breath, which is really terrifying.

I watched the Patriots game this afternoon and Marty and I will watch the Giants play Philadelphia tonight. I'm planning to snack on popcorn, which I've been eating a lot of recently. I'm eating a lot less than I have been--today I had a bowl of Cheerios and blueberries for breakfast, and a chicken salad sandwich in the afternoon, and a little while ago I had a lemon poppy seed muffin, which feels like enough food--I certainly am not hungry for anything resembling a regular dinner. I still get a lot of pleasure from eating.

I probably should try to nap a little bit if I am going to be able to stay awake for the game. I drifted off a few times during the Patriots game, but didn't get any really sound sleep.

3 comments: