Monday, January 26, 2009

President Obama at last!

On Tuesday, Marty and I watched Obama get sworn in...almost impossible to believe, after all these months of hardly believing it was real. It was wonderful watching the crowds, all races, all ages, celebrating together--a group that really looked like America!

It's been a rough week on a personal level, though, with a high level of fatigue; some days I could do a few things (like cook something or do some straightening up) before retreating to bed; other days I just didn't want to get out of bed for much.

But the important thing is that, even on the bad days, my spirits remain high. I've still got lots of things to look forward to. The days are perceptibly longer, even if still very cold. Various people have promised to visit soon--Eric Rosenthal will be here in early February (he said he stood outside among the crowd to see the Inauguration and it was a memorable experience. Sally Zinman called this evening and is planning a trip for early February (once her daughter's health situation is squared away). And I think I have several local visitors coming during this week.

Also, Ann, my new PA (personal assistant) will be starting on Tuesday. We're going to try just a couple of hours, at first, to see if we're compatible and comfortable with each other. When Cheryl and Marianne were here they spoke very highly of her, and I enjoyed meeting her a few weeks ago.

It's late and I should go to bed. I have that odd late in the evening burst of energy again...no idea what that's all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment